We are a branch of the Initiative Collective. Our mission statement is inspired by the mission statement of the Initiative Collective:
“We are individuals organized towards achieving peacekeeping objectives and humanitarian missions. This will translate into a variety of non-monetary services as unfolding events demand. Our primary goal will always be to help those in the most need to the highest ethical standard and to the maximum effect.”
* Create a region in which everyone’s basic survival needs of food, shelter, physical safety, health, environmental safety, and community involvement are met.
* Challenge individuals and institutions that create harm in our communities and region by perpetuating poverty, gender violence, environmental disasters, and other forms of environmental and social injustice.
* Create and support community organizations and programs that empower individuals and communities to flourish by embracing the principles of environmental sustainability and social justice.
* Develop the knowledge, skills, character, and relationships necessary to live a good life in community with our fellow people and the land we call home.
* Organize a small group of individuals to brainstorm, develop, and implement programs that serve our goals.
* Support other individuals, groups, and programs with similar goals.
* Educate, motivate, organize, and inspire others in the communities in our region to do the same.
* Organize and/or participate in food/clothing drives, food/clothing distribution, fundraisers, and other events that gather and mobilize resources to meet basic survival needs that are currently going unmet.
* Organize and/or participate in various forms of training that will empower us to better serve our communities.
* When we have the necessary training and resources, organize street patrols. Our street patrols will serve the threefold goals of neighborhood watch, distribution of resources to those in need, and outreach about environmental and social justice efforts.